- Basic Must Haves for Ice Fishing
Jon Dietz is here to talk about the essentials of ice fishing!
- 6 Kayak Fishing Accessories That Make Perfect Gifts
FishUSA Pro Staffer, Scott Beutjer, is here to make shopping for the kayak angler in your life easy!
- 20 Gift Ideas for Under $50
Let FishUSA take the stress out of Christmas shopping with 20 gifts under $50 for the angler on your list.
- Wader Insurance – Lessons Learned the Hard Way
If you are a traveling fisherman and wading is integral to your fishing method, there are some precautions you should take to avoid a ruined fishing trip.
- 10 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Bass Angler on your List
Have a bass angler on your list this holiday season? If you’re at a loss, check out this gift guide to find something they’re guaranteed to love!
- Fishing Gifts for Your Favorite Female Angler
Shopping for a female angler this holiday season and at a loss? We’ve got the gift guide for you to find something she’s guaranteed to love!
- Finesse Presentations for Deep Water Ice Fishing
How do you create the perfect presentation for fish deeper in the water column?
- Ice Fishing with Plastics
Plastics aren’t just for walleye and bass anymore…
- Summertime Boss Bluegills
Ask most folks what’s the first fish you have ever caught? The bluegill will most likely be the answer….
- Fast Start to the New Ice Fishing Season
After an agonizing wait between the close of deer season and the start of the ice fishing season, our local waters finally had enough ice to fish…
- Does Diver Color Matter?
Having over 30 years of trolling experience, most of which have included divers, I can say…
- Spring Spawning Bluegills
Let’s give some credit to the little guys. After all, it is usually these small, easy-to-catch and tasty fish that brought us to our love and respect of fishing today.
- Deep Fat Fried Panfish
A quick, easy recipe for delicious deep fried panfish.
- Nothing Funny About Tickle Sticks
I was captivated by the unusual design of the ice rod. It felt great in my hand. Then came the test on the ice…
- A Reel Ice Fishing Problem Solved
Among my earliest ice fishing memories is how primitive the equipment was. Many ice rods and reels consisted of a block of wood…
- An Ice Fishing Wishlist
With ice season right around the corner (some northern areas already started), I thought I’d do a quick article on the upcoming gear for this season, or my “wishlist.”
- The Indispensable Rapala Jigging Rap
I have caught more fish through the ice on Jigging Raps than any other bait or lure I have ever used. It’s the most indispensable ice lure I own…
- Small Stream Trout Fishing
When the subject of trout streams is brought up, many anglers envision large rivers and streams…
- Float Fishing Gear and Accessories: Reels
The object of the reel is to allow line to unwind easily from the spool when the float-shot-bait pulls in the current…
- Float Fishing Gear and Accessories: Floats, Split Shot and Hooks
There are many different types of floats suitable for centerpinning. Most can be broken down into balsa or plastic varieties…
- Float Fishing Gear and Accessories: Everything Else
With the gear mentioned throughout this series and accessories added here, you will be set for seasons to come…
- Fall Fishing: Lake Michigan Tributaries Part 2
The second part of Tim Hyvonen’s in-depth look at Lake Michigan tribs – fall brown trout fishing.
- 20 Gifts for Under $20
20 of our top products for under $20 – in one place – to make holiday shopping for the angler in your life that much easier!
- Gift Like a Pro: Captain Ross Robertson’s Holiday Gift Guide
As an experienced ice and walleye angler, Captain Ross Robertson knows what an angler wants to see wrapped up this holiday season.
- Lake Michigan Perch Gear
Use these tips and gear recommendations if you’re heading into Lake Michigan waters.
- Locating and Catching Deep Water Walleye in the Great Lakes
Fishing for walleye in the Great Lakes? Keep these tips in mind while you troll around!
- Accessorizing Your Kayak
You have your kayak, now you have to get all of the fun and necessary accessories to make your trips out on the water some of the best experiences you will have.
- Fly Storage for Everyone
With so many options for storing flies, it can be confusing and a hassle when trying to choose the right one for your specific situation.
- Chucking Lures for Steelhead
While there are a large variety of ways to target them, “spoon chucking” has become a popular technique for early-season steelhead…
- Fishing Lake Michigan Tournaments
An overview of what to expect before, during and after a Lake Michigan tournament.
- Top Walleye Accessories for 2017
Are these products included in your walleye fishing arsenal?
- Best Places to Fish: Franklin D. Roosevelt Lake, Washington
Learn about Franklin D. Roosevelt Lake and the species found in its water!
- Boat Shakedown: Do It Right
It might be the last thing you want to do after a long day of fishing…
- Sling Pack Buying Guide
There is a sling pack for every type of angler and for every type of fishing adventure. Find out about a few of the most popular packs at FishUSA.
- How to Read a Contour Map for Fishing
Learn just how easy it is to read a contour map and use it to your advantage when fishing!
- Top Walleye Jigging Baits
Check out these options if you’re interested in jigging for walleye.
- Noodle Rods: Not Just for Steelhead
Find out how and why using these rods could become your new favorite way to fish!
- Fishing Net Buying Guide
Check out this guide to get the need-to-know information before you buy your next fishing net.
- Buying the Right Waders
Make an educated choice when purchasing your next pair of waders.
- Five Things That Happen When You Go Fishing With Your Dad
In celebration of Father’s Day 2017, here are a few things that are bound to happen when you’re fishing with your old man.
- Basic Essentials for First Time Anglers
All anglers should have these items with them every time they hit the water.
- Choosing Between: Slip vs Spring Bobbers
Have you ever considered the differences between clip bobbers and spring bobbers? Matt, a FishUSA Product Specialist, put together the need-to-know info for this topic!
- Ice Fishing: Inline vs. Spinning Reel
There are two popular choices when it comes to reels for ice fishing. Which is the best option for you?
- Perch Fishing Ruined by Twists and Tangles?
A review of the Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp Bait Rigs.
- Top 10 Ice Baits for Lake Erie Walleye
FishUSA Pro Staff member, Ross Robertson, talks about his top 10 ice baits for Lake Erie walleye.
- Finding the Best Float in Your Tackle Box
Quick tips and reminders for when you are searching through your tackle box trying to find the perfect float.
- Picking the Proper Line for Steelhead Fishing
Need help making a line choice for steelhead fishing? Read this guide and make the most informed decision possible.