• Make a loop in the fly line and feed about 6-8 inches of the fly line backing through the looped section
• Hold the sections of the lines between your thumb and index finger. Wrap the fly line backing back over itself and both strands of the fly line loop.
• Continue to make 6-7 tight wraps of the fly line backing around the loop, working your way up towards the top of the loop.
• Hold both ends of the fly line and slide the wraps of the backing up to the top of the loop. Pull on both the main section of the fly line and the backing to tighten the knot.
• Clip off both of the tag ends to finish the knot.